25%

Всього голосів: 20

Небайдужий
Advanced Member
Розряд: 6k
Контактна інформація:

пропозиції з приводу Го конгресу 2018

Повідомлення Небайдужий »

Хотілось би врахувати думки членів нашої федерації з приводу того, за кого наша федерація повинна проголосувати при визначенні місця проведення Го конгресу 2018. Претендентами на проведення є Італія та Швейцарія. Ми маємо віддати свій голос за когось одного з них.
Висловлюйте свої міркування і пропозиції з цього приводу. Кожна з цих країн по-своєму цікава.

Італійці уже зробили навіть промо-ролик з цього приводу:

Рекламний буклет:
EGC 2018 in Italy.pdf
(1.47 МіБ) Завантажено 307 разів

Швейцарці теж зробили рекламний буклет, але тут на форумі неможливо його розмістити із-за великого розміру.
Єдине, що можна сказати, це те, що вони пропонують провести Го конгрес в Лозанні (дуже гарне місто на березі мальовничого озера).
Не утримуй те, що минає, і не відштовхуй те, що приходить ... і тоді щастя саме знайде тебе.
Омар Хайям
unnamed
Advanced Member
Розряд: 14k

Re: пропозиції з приводу Го конгресу 2018

Повідомлення unnamed »

Как насчет опросника для членов УФГО на гуглдоксах? :)
December
Advanced Member
Розряд: 5k

Повідомлення December »

Ох, прямо глаза разбегаются! Но я, наверное, всё же за Швейцарию. Мне она ближе по духу. Очаровательная и спокойная. Масса исторических мест, Альпы, озёра, маленькие городки и замки, а также сладости и высокотехнологичные производства. Много научных лабораторий, ЦЕРН, в конце концов!
Хотя, если взвешивать объективно, то Италия может оказаться привлекательнее в финансовом плане.
Мне кажется, что следует сравнить и объективные факторы.
Есть ли ссылка на буклет швейцарцев, раз его не получается разместить напрямую?
Востаннє редагувалось 15 грудня 2015, 23:36 користувачем December, всього редагувалось 1 раз.
Небайдужий
Advanced Member
Контактна інформація:

Не утримуй те, що минає, і не відштовхуй те, що приходить ... і тоді щастя саме знайде тебе.
Омар Хайям
Father Alex
Advanced Member
Розряд: 2d

Повідомлення Father Alex »

Я тут, конечно, с боку припёку, но Швейцария очень дорогая страна.
December
Advanced Member
Розряд: 5k

Повідомлення December »

Ага, вот и я о том же. Первая мысль - о, конечно, Швейцария! Вторая - а что будет, если оценить объективные факторы. И тут именно стоимость выходит на первый план. Потому и надо взвешивать.
Dmitriy
Президент УФГО
Розряд: 5d

Повідомлення Dmitriy »

Hello Jon,

Thank you for your mail. I put the EGF in copy for my answer, as your question might be on the mind of other countries.
More than a precise location, I mostly wanted in our PDF to present the overall layout/feeling of the event as we see it. It is a very high-level view, as it is almost impossible to give specifics at this time, 3 years prior to the event. Most importantly, I presented the current core team to show the experience and the values that each of us could bring. And I'm sure we will welcome some new skilled-addition to the team if we are to hold the event. I believe that having a capable and reliable team to be more important than a precise location at this time: because the team will drive the decision on the location and on the overall quality, but a precise location in itself would say nothing of the quality of the event, I believe.

Three years in advance is too far away to secure a location rapidly. We would need to have a really solid case, case that would need some time to be elaborated.
We have many options to explore, but I believe that trying to quickly present "the" location to satisfy this vote would be a mirage, I strongly believe that we should not rush into this, and take the necessary time to really explore our options to take a strong-facts based decision. I do not want to haste it.

That said, one of my favorite spot would be the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL). This is the school, where I did my studies, and I created a Go club there that could the official entity organizing the event, allowing us to do an event there for free. Here are some links:

EPFL website: http://epfl.ch/
EPFL presentation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXGz9d0_WNo

EPFL SwissTech Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKjStZBldz4
I don't know why they did the video with a "Resident Evil" kind of theme ahah :) But this place is perfect for any convention, as you can observe the ingenuous dynamics of the rooms.

EPFL Rolex Learning Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0OqdIoOPQ
EPFL RLC pictures: http://rolexlearningcenter.epfl.ch/page-54811-en.html

I already organized with a team an event there with more than 10'000 visitors over a week, and it went very good. There is a lot of students and people that are used to organize very big event at the EPFL every year, a lot of associations with members who are very qualified and experienced (especially in logistics), and I'm confident that some of them would gladly help us do the EGC. I know them very well.
The lake border is 10 minutes walk from the school - ideal place to eat, play music, have fun, play games/soccer/tennis/etc., swim, walk around...
EPFL is around 1h00 by train from the Geneva airport. There are a lot of trains in Switzerland, and the system work very well. On-time and good connections
EPFL is 20 min from Lausanne by metro, an active city, with night-life and shops, where there is notably the siege of the Olympic Committee
EPFL has a strong media force and connections that could really help us to promote the event in Switzerland. On a general fashion, they can really be helpful to the events that take place in their school, as they always want the best quality as the events impact their image
EPFL would be the perfect place to hold conference about the links between Go and computer science / artificial intelligence
Logistics capabilities at the EPFL are very strong. I really imagine that we can do anything there.
Only problem that remain would be the accomodations. We have very good high-standing hotels just by the EPFL no problem, but I have not "the solution" for cheap accomodations there just yet - that is why we need to evaluate this aspect first. However, I do have 100+ beds free dorm-room in a bunker just below the EPFL, but I would like to find some cheap rooms also.

My cousin Victor, who became the EPFL Go Club president, will organize his first tournament in March (CHF 1'000 first prize). If that interest you, you may come to see the school by yourself:

http://ishigo.epfl.ch/championnat/open-igc-2/

It will be a small tournament, but it will give you a concrete tour of the school.

So that's that. I hope I've given you more details about my point of view, and about the most likely congress site. I'm available for any more clarifications or questions,

Thank you,

Best,

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
Swiss Go Association | Flavien Aubelle | President
(m) +41 (0) 79 410 63 24 | (w) http://www.swissgo.org
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

2015-12-21 18:46 GMT+01:00 Jon Diamond <president@britgo.org>:
We thank you for your interesting submission for this event and found the general information about the potential locations useful, but we’d also appreciate some suggestions about the likely Congress sites. [We assume you will need to check availability of these for the proposed dates, so may need an extension on the proposed voting date of 31st January.]

Regards

Jon
Небайдужий
Advanced Member
Контактна інформація:

Остаточну відповідь по нашому вибору просять дати до кінця цього місяця.
За що будемо голосувати?
Омар Хайям
Di
Админ
Розряд: 6d
Контактна інформація:

Повідомлення Di »

Небайдужий писав:За що будемо голосувати?
Добавил сюда опросник (вверху), до 26 января.
Небайдужий
Advanced Member
Контактна інформація:

Якби мати європейські зарплати, то цікавіше було би поїхати в Швейцарію. Але ми маємо те, що маємо. Саме тому я проголосував за Італію, так як туди поїхати дешевше обійдеться.
Омар Хайям
Відповісти